Gang of 6...

This blog belongs to 6 ex COE students of NSIT... Though, now, we are all in separate places, studying or working, we hope to remain in touch with each other lest we forget the great time we had back in college. This blog is an attempt to achieve the same. Here's to us...!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Now what??

Well, here it is. At long last. After so many ppl berating me for being against this whole blog phenomenon, I have decided to relent. But only so....

For long I have been one of those who believd that blogging was for the attention-seeking, or for the emotionally-deprived ones who seek to find solace on the net, while unabashedly assuming that I wasn't either. To be frank, I still do believe that I definitely not among the first kind. But of late, I have been having doubts.. Anyways, I digress.. So, I was saying that I definitely did not perceive myself to be an individual who would like to drown himself in a chullu bhar of sorrow (atleast publicly) or gloat in his own acheievements. Nor am I a sort of person who would like to disclose his life to anybody and everybody. What then is the purpose of this blog??

Well, that was the question holding me back, until the grt UC of UC, his majesty, his royal righness, the great purveyor of all deeds done and undone, suggested a nice idea. Hey, what abt a team blog?? Me, the blog-ignorant, self-confessed Tolkein loyalist and pseudo-religious fool (as some ppl describe me, not least ze divine master), was utterly bemused..

"A team blog??!! What good would that do?? Don't we all meet everyday and chat and chat abt everything under the sun (well, atleast the sun that shines over our college, so we ultimately talk abt books, cricket, rant about the exams, and some arbit discussions on israel, and the indian army) ?? Why do we need to create another apothecary of our uncherished dreams and desires? What could we possibly talk about?? Or would you like to make some apocalyptic disclosures and expect the other to do the same?? nd last but definitely not the least my dear, why do you want to subjugate the innocent reader who might stray accross our page to unending sarcasm and scathing and delirious remarks and rebukes??"

Of course I never got down to putting these thoughts down, until now. All that I managed to say then was a measly "are you crazy?? Let's study for the placements.." But since then, I have had time to think, seeing that that's all I have been doing of late. We rarely do talk about the stuff talking about, do we?? Once in a blue moon, when we both happen to be going back together (seeing that u have been getting lifts from everybody nowadays), we might talk about some new book, or something equally mundane. But nothing much constructive. Not just that, we hardly know much about each other except what we might have done in the last 4-5 years of our lives..
And before long both you and mads would have left cahsing your dreams abroad and then maybe orkut would be grossly inadequate.. ;)

So yeah, I thought it would be nice to keep a blog which we can all access, and talk about stuff.. We can all properly communicate, which we haven't really until now. And maybe the army nd navy dudes can start discussing anythng they want about the armed forces without us getting vehemently bored and feeling either suicidal or tempted by murderous thoughts.

So, as I said, here goes. And enfin I finish what I had to say. And dedicate this blog to us all. What we choose to do with this is in our own hands. But what it will ultimately become, I have not the answer.. There, sounding larger than life again, so I'll simply say ki chalo, atleast we have started, and at the risk of sounding incredibly cliched "aage aage dekhte hai hota hai kya!!"

CHEERIO!!

AB

2 comments:

life is like that only.... said...

really want to practise all those Rosenblum words, right?

abhgupta said...

Oye! Shut up.. And let me resort to my usual "drivel".. I am actually not working on any of the vocab books as of now. Sheer laziness, u cud call it. What else?? I know I might be the worse for it, but at the moment, I just can't make myself sit through the word lists and all the lewis' and rosenblums of this world... Wonder how u guys managed it!!